Meghan is a celebrated performer, holds a BFA in musical theatre from the University of Michigan (named in the top three musical theatre programs in the country for decades), and loves teaching! She is seeking students to pass her 25 years of performance and directing knowledge on to eager, dedicated students!
Charge: $55 for one hour
Location: See below
You'll notice a few things are different about Meghan.
1) She doesn't hide behind a piano. Meghan knows she can best help you by watching you sing and identifying the physical elements of your sound production. Therefore she works with pre-recorded music, of which she has a significant collection and/or access to many pianists.
2) Her focus is on improving your confidence along with your voice. Many of Meghan's students come in with insecurities, habits that have developed over time, and the belief that they are unable to produce certain sounds or do certain things. Meghan understands type when it comes to casting and is realistic, but also helps you hone your skills to advance your abilities to be cast in more varied roles. She will push you to expand your horizons in a healthy way, checking in with you at every turn, and using concepts of breath, sound placement, soft pallette placement, physical relaxation, and mental preparation. Meghan will never ask you to do anything painful or uncomfortable, and she will frequently check in with you. She believes in an essential mind-body balance to create great performances.
3) Meghan focuses on the acting. Meghan uses the term "coach" as opposed to "voice teacher" because working with her is two-fold. She will help you get where you need to be vocally but will also work with you on acting the song: Your objectives, obstacles, tactics, character, and more. You'll come out not just knowing how to sing it, but how to really tell the story from beginning to end.
4) Her prices are lower, and her schedule is flexible. Meghan's prices are lower than many coaches in the Madison area, and you are not required to contract for a certain number of lessons. Meghan is busy with tons of projects too, so when you'd like a lesson, just check out the calendar and we'll make it work.
5) Meghan will come to you or meet you on the side of town that's convenient. Meghan can come to a location of your choice, and also has locations to use on both Madison's west and east side. Wherever you are comfortable is where you'll do you best work.
6) Meghan knows how audition panels think. Having sat through thousands of auditions herself, Meghan can give you the confidence, correct music selections, and tricks of the trade to make sure you nail your upcoming audition.
Interested? Book a time on the calendar!
If none of the available times work, check in with Meghan and we'll see what we can make happen.